Friday, December 12, 2008

Youth Olympics Sports Presenters Course

was indeed a course which I'll never ever regret attending


At first it seemed as if I was all alone in this. The process of wanting to sign up was hard. You know me, I do not like going for things alone, yet I forced myself to go for the opportunity when it surfaces and thus, I signed up for this course.

Little did I know that my dear friends Yan Yu and Aisyah too signed up for the same course and we're in the same group! Now that was a huge relief to me alright.

The course was really very interesting, and with Marc Richmond as our trainer, we were really kept entertained with his hilarious antics and humourous way of presenting his points across.

We were taught many things, like how to present effectively as a host, the do's and dont's of a good host, exercises to warm the tongue and face up as well as many other important knowledge we needed to be equipped with in order to show that we were worthy of being called a good host. The participants were STUPENDOUS, I tell you! All of them just blew me away with the manner in which they presented their speeches, and some of them are just 13 or 14 years old. Imagine the huge amount of talent these people possess at such a young young age! Gosh, when they grow up, I am sure they will use this talent and do Singapore proud :)

Okay so at the end of the entire process, we had to do 2 recordings, one solo recording in which we had to present ourselves in front of the camera and speak about our favourite person, as well as a cohosting segment in which we had to pair up with another person and pretend as if we were television hosts or disc jockeys.

Personally, I felt that I did rather alright, but I was rather angry with myself for repeating my past mistakes time and again, in the sense that I always take a very long time to warm up to people around me. The very first day, I wanted very much to talk to the participants of the course, but I decided not to and just keep to the group I know.

Familiarity, that was all I keep searching for, yet I forgot that it was time for me to learn to put myself out of my comfort zone and just loosen up and do my thing. It was only a two day course, and I finally forced myself to make friends today with the people around me.

About time Zul..

I should have done it yesterday, I really should have! But alright, fine, I think I'll learn from this mistake in the future

The people I talked to today were really really nice people! In fact, we got so close that weirdly enough, although we barely talked during the process of this camp, the bond we had was a rather strong one that we started chatting and joking as we walked home. Ah shucks, life would have been so much better had I talked to them yesterday... HAHA!

Either way, I must say, I am glad I forged this friendship bond with them as they truly have made an impact in me.

There's two of my good friends Yan Yu and Aisyah, whom have helped me through this entire two day process. Without them I have no idea if I would have been as expressive and open as I have been throughout the process of this camp!

There's Amirah, known as the hot Malay cheerleader by one of the camp participants. I can see why he said that alright, she's really tall, pretty and such a nice person to talk to! The very first new friend I made, and I am glad I am now friends with her! Somehow when I look at her, I am really reminded of Shahidah cause there is something in them that really bears a striking resemblance to each other =D Amirah that's a compliment! HAHA!


There's Jeremy who looks like Yong Cheng and Zhen Hao at the same time, although I have no idea how that's possible! A funny and nice guy who ran away before I could even manage to take a photo with him! Tsk tsk, the next time I meet you, you're not goinna run away alright? HAHA!


There's the 2 sisters Jun Teng and Kelly, the really cute and pretty sisters who both have a flair for speaking! Small physiques, yet amazing voices they possess in them that will definitely wow the audience! When I mean amazing voices, it's partly the quality of their voices which can be seen as sweet and pleasant, but it is actually how they present their speeches in such a convincing and sincere manner that will sway their audiences. Glad to know these girls!

And finally, there's the NS boy who honestly doesnt look his age as he looks so young and youthful, Alan! =D Haha what an intro, but well, Alan if you're reading this, be honoured okay! Whee.. This guy is one cool dude, intelligent, goodlooking and speaks fluently. He's currently serving his final two months of NS before he moves on to University in the course which happens to be one that I hope to enter too should I get results as good as his =D Alan, its been great knowing you too!

Results for our auditions on whether we make it through will be made known on either wednesday or thursday, and I really HOPE that the people I just mentioned on this blog makes it through together as one. It might sound cliched, but even if one of us doesnt make it, I really will feel very sad as these people are really close to me now and I really hope I will be given the opportunity to train and work with them for the Youth Olympics. Let's hope for the best guys!




To my other coursemates whom I have not had the chance to interact with yet, you guys are really great great great coursemates to have! Thanks for all the laughter and joy, and I also really hope all of you get through! XD
.
Thats all for now, updates soon!
.
BYE!

No comments: