Monday, December 29, 2008

You loved me for who I was

Second attempt at a love poem. It was SUPPOSED to be funny, but it somehow turned into a sweet story. Oh gosh I need to keep my emotions in check. LOL!

Dear we've known each other for so long

And you know our love stands strong
Ask me for anything, for you I will
Just not your spouse-to-be please, for myself I'd kill

I've got a long way to go before all that
I'm honestly just not ready yet

I shoot my mouth, and I find that cool
I laugh like a witch, when I do, I drool
I sleep like a log and I snore like a pig
Plus when time permits, my nose I'll pick

A million other habits I have, all so compelling and true
Just to please your heart dear, I named a few
Now my habits confessed, and I'm ready for your plan
So dear, are you ready to ask for my hand?

The typical girl would have been disgusted
The typical girl would have been enthralled
Yet you took my hand, you made me yours
You passed my test, cause you loved me for who I was

Now that I'm yours, let the real me surface from within (:

I'd rather you hate me for who I am
Rather than deceiving others into loving who I'm not

No comments: