Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Youth Olympics Host!

Hey all!

Announcement: I'm officially part of the Youth Olympics Games!!

I was trying very hard to think of ways to get involved in this event, especially since its a global event and its goinna be a first for Singapore hosting an event. Imagine, the experience you're goinna get and the resume you'll receive just from being part of this event!

Two months ago I saw this advertisements calling out for sports commentators. I love announcing and hosting, and it turned out that the YOG organizers were looking for Singaporean teenagers to do hosting, announcing and sport commentating during the event itself.

Most of my friends encouraged me to join and go ahead for the auditions, while others just told me that there will be many others going for it and that I'll probably never get chosen.

Nonetheless, I decided to give it a shot and attend the Sports Commentator Selection Camp to try my luck. Who knows right?

Today I received this email from the organizers:
.
You've been selected to be a
Host for the Youth Olympic Games 2010! You'll be one of those energetic souls trying to rah rah the crowd at the competition venues.

From here, we do hope to see your wholehearted committment once training begins in March 2009. As Mark mentioned, trainings can take place from once a week, to once every two weeks and MOE is going to make Sports Presentation a CCA. So no worries about CCA points or weights, if that system is still in use. Although you'll be considered as volunteers only, I'm sure your participation in the very first YOG right here in our own country will be a very valuable experience.

I can't believe it but hey, I made it through as a host!! Time to refine my hosting skills so I can tackle being a host for a global event. So guys, I might just be on TV two years from now introducing the sports you guys are keen in watching! =D

To all of my acquaintances, thanks loads for all the support and encouragement you guys have been giving me for the past two months! It might sound cliched, but without all your help, I wouldnt have even thought of applying for this post in the first place!

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poweRlah u Fiz!!! im so pRoud of you~ ALWAYS