Friday, December 5, 2008

Splendour

was a glamourous affair....

Well not because of the venue which shared the same name as Paris Hilton, neither was it cause of the food which was lesser in quantity and quality than that from 2 years ago, but it was the friends and company that made my 90 bucks all worth it :)

Many people looked splendid and its a side of them we totally do not get to see everyday. Okay, many? Who am I kidding, thats an understatement, let's make it all.
.
So I too was dressed in something that was so not me according to many of my friends. I thought I dressed up quite alright for someone who is supposedly not up to fashion, but well, its time I show that fashionista shining through me I guess.

.
Gee! Thanks, but no thanks dude. I'm already taken! (for that night) :D

The hat was the highlight on me I think, especially since Zul here has never even attempted to wear a hat in his entire 18 years spent on earth. Many said I looked really great in a hat and should wear more of it, while some had alot to differ with, claiming I do not go well with a hat. Either way, we can't please everybody right? Hahah... Prom's about trying out things that arent usually associated with yourself, so why not right?

Why don't you be the judge later? =P
.
The emcee was great, he was hilarious and got many of us laughing with his jokes and witty comments. The only thing I felt that could be improved was the selection of the prom king and prom queen. For one, I would rather they grill the prom king and queen nominees with hard-to-answer questions rather than making us do embarrassing stuff like shaking your butt in front of a global wide audience. Please, I'd rather settle for a cat-walk lah!
Yours truly here was one of the 20 prom king nominees. HAHA!

Alright, here are some pics from that night full of memories...
.


Award for the best runaway bride goes to none other than Shahidah! Awesome isnt she? It seems as if she was a princess kidnapped from Storybook Land and sent to attend prom at Hilton hotel. Simply gorgeous!
.


The purest of them all, at least for that night, had to go to Cassandra. Dressed in white, she was shimmering in light from head to toe. Even her complexion was so super fair... Stunning! =D
.


Mr Darren makes a grand entrance. In my opinion I think he was the most charming and suave of the entire lot of guys I saw.. There was just something about him that oozed confidence and charm =P Wooh I'm envious! XD
.


Come on, let's act cool :) And ohh, Haziq wins my smartest dressed award. He looked so knowledgeable and smart in that outfit! Whether he is one is another different story altogether. Wait, who are we kidding? OF COURSE HE IS ONE! =D

And award for my best photo of the night?

.
It has to be this one with Weini! Photos with your secondary school cum JC friends are always somehow the loveliest. I looked the best here, she looked really beautiful here, its a photogenic shot alright! XD

Actually there is one more contender for this award. Don't ask me to choose, I can't =P



Took this photo with cassandra after prom. We stood on a narrow but higher pavement than the ground and got this shot. Now this is what I call artistic :)

So comments? How do I look? Haha.. feel free to tag me about it ya? Be back with an update soon! =D

No comments: