Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cuteness redefined

Primary school kids can really have very cute antics... They're simply so innocent, it seems almost impossible to scold them although they really deserve it sometimes.

Situation 1
I came across 2 students arguing and proceeded to try to resolve the issue.

Student A: Teacher, you see lah he!

Student B: What! I didn't do anything, you don't anyhow.

Student A: You don't lie lah! You say liverpool not good just now.

Student B: Ya, say like that also cannot izzit?

Student A: Liverpool very good, you don't anyhow say they very bad. Bad, bad, man U then bad!

And I was dumbfounded for the first time. Arguing over trivial matters, and although I had to stop to intervene, I must say I found this situation quite hilarious. I never thought football would play THAT much an influence in the lives of primary school kids but how wrong I was. HAHA! I swear, a normal person would have received a lecture from me for condemning Man U that way but hey, he was just too cute to be lectured :)

Situation 2
As shocking as this may seem, I took a malay class today, and gosh was the class so hyperactive. The kids would not let me get even one minute's worth of rest, as they all proceeded to somehow get my attention by doing funny things. Some would jump across and shout for me, some would run across the class and some would just pull my hand and bring me to their desk to have a 'chat' with me. They all gathered around me and demanded to know my real age, like some protest or something. I told them I was 19, and THEY DID NOT BELIEVE ME! They all claimed I look more like a secondary school kid who just finished his O Levels and they wanted to know what secondary school I came from and how well I did for my O Levels. I insisted that I was already in NS and past my A Levels and nobody really wanted to buy my story until...

Student C: He look like 23 la! I think he married already, cause my father get married at 18.

Its amazing to see how young children behave around you, and its really fun to get to listen to how they feel about issues. Surprisingly, these kids are actually quite well informed if you ask me.

Being around kids just makes my day. Perhaps this is the route for me in the future I guess.

But then again, being around kids can be a rather saddening thing, for it reminds us that we're not as young as we once were. They have pure innocent minds, whilst ours are corrupted and too filled with unnecessary knowledge.

Sometimes I have this wish that I could start off as a little boy all over again

No comments: