Friday, April 10, 2009

I MET DAVID ARCHULETA



Another wish fulfilled, which was to meet and greet David Archuleta personally someday.

I know I'm a guy, and I'm not into him cause he's cute or so as girls call him, rather I am really envious of this boy whose so talented at 18. His voice is just breathtaking and one can never get sick of his songs as they are simply melodious and soothing on the ears.

Right after bookout, I rushed to the new Iluma Shopping centre to catch him perform. I was contemplating on whether to go and after much thinking through, I finally decided to go for the showcase as its not everyday we get to see David Archuleta perform live in Singapore.

His showcase consisted of four songs and personally it was really well worth the effort and time spent. Professionalism at its peak, and one more thing that caught me about this boy is how humble he is despite his glorious achievement. Admit it, none of us have ever been this successful at 19.

After the showcase, I got a chance to get my CD autograpghed by the man himself. Looking at him, I smiled and led out my hand in an attempt to shake his hands. He eventually returned the handshake, and when I told him how honoured I was to be able to meet someone as talented as him, he smiled back and replied that he was just as honoured to be able to meet someone like me.

One might take it to be a casual cliched remark every celebrity uses to catch the attention of his fans but somehow, I felt the sincerity in his words. Here is a performer, a future successful one and I really hope that he makes it back here to Singapore for another showcase. I'll definitely go should I be free on that day.

So whilst I was lucky enough to be able to meet and greet the man himself, Sahira on the other hand managed to get a photo with him, something I was unable to do as security was guarding him as if President Obama were the one visiting Singapore.



She's got another one of her wishes fulfilled as well! I would love to have a photo with him as well, but never mind maybe next time. At least I got a chance to talk to him and meet him in person right Sahira? Haha! You deserved it, you really worked hard for it and I'm proud of you! :D

David Archuleta, check. Whose next? :)

No comments: