Monday, January 19, 2009

The Teacher

HEY ALL!

Wow its been quite a long time since I last updated this blog of mine. Ever since I started the new year, I havent had time to myself as there have just been soo many things I have been keeping myself occupied with.

For a start, to those of my friends who havent already known, I am currently spending my time as a relief teacher in Teck Whye Secondary School. Today marks the second week of my job there and supposedly I end tomorrow, but well I have good news! My teaching term has been extended and I'll now be an English teacher to a few classes till March 09 where I report for NS, like it or not.

So far teaching has been an eye opener for me. I've always wanted to be a teacher and now, right before my eyes, the opportunity lands itself in front of me. I've always been a student all my life, for about 12 years and counting, so this experience of role reversal was rather weird, yet experiential to me at the same time.

I've experienced the ins and outs of a teacher, and I must say that this ain't a smooth sailing job like many of us perceive it to be. Being a teacher is very challenging, and tiring I must add, especially when you have to teach, handle your class, mark and do so many other stuff at the same time.

If you get an angelic class, then good for you. But if your students are those rebellious kind, then good luck to you, for they may be very tough to handle.

For me, my first day of work was actually kinda scary. I had problems maintaining peace and order in my class and I almost felt like teaching was not meant for me at all. There was one point in time I panicked cause I realized that if I do not teach, my future would be very uncertain and bleak as I have no idea what I would grow up to be.

The next few days were probably similar experiences, but thank god now things are beginning to pick up and I'm finally learning how to handle my classes well. The fun's finally starting to kick in!

hehh... Update you guys more as I start my term starting tomorrow ya? WISH ME LUCK!

Cya guysss!

No comments: