Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Poem Writing Lessons with Mr Zul!

And just before I go, I'm so proud of myself, so I have to showcase two poems I whipped up in just over an hour cause I decided to teach "Poem Writing" for my English classes. HAHA! Enjoy! The first one is an acrostic poem with the initials "ALICE"
.
A
stoundingly beautiful she is, leaving me breathless at first glance

Likeable by many, with a character so demure and sweet
I
nspirational and loving, she spurs me on with every moment

Catching her smile, it was picture perfect, as I found myself melting
E
ntangled in love, someone help me please, I think she stole my heart away


and this is the second one. I was teaching my students how to write poems with themes, and I decided to write on the theme of winter using rhyming as a technique to help me. Here goes:

Give me light, on this cold winter's night
Where the frosty flakes fall and the cold winds bite
Where heat and warmth disappears completely from sight
Lonely and cold, please save me from this current plight

People around me freezing, with jackets clutched tight
My surrounding's dull, all blanketed in white
The trees once majestic, now shredded of might
As life takes on winter, life loses the fight

I miss the sights of birds soaring to height
I miss the times where my day started right
I miss the sun, all cheery and bright
I plead for life, on this cold winter's night

Hope you enjoyed the read! (:

No comments: