Saturday, May 23, 2009

TAGGED: 8 CHILDHOOD MOVIES

I can always count on my friends to be cool and innovative! Thanks Syazwani for the awesome idea...

Instructions:
1. Copy and paste the instructions into a new entry.
2. List down 8 stories that you remember watching as a kid.
3. Write why you chose each movie.
4. Publish your answers.
5. Tag 5 friends to do this including the one that tagged you.

ONE: THE LITTLE MERMAI
D



I think this was the very first movie I watched as a child, if I remembered correctly. My dad loved taping down his voice reading storybooks and I'd listen endlessly to the stories, The Little Mermaid being one of them. A really sweet show, and I remember how I used to hate Ursula the witch as a child. The scene where she grabbed the Little Mermaid and her boyfriend with her tentacles, I wished I could just break off those annoying tentacles and allow The Little Mermaid and her boyfriend to live in peace. HAHA!

TW
O: ALADDIN



And this is the second, and final fairytale in my list of 8. As a kid, I was really into the idea of magic as a kid and this element was greatly emphasized i
n the movie! =) Flying carpet, genie in a lamp, an annoying wizard with the ability to do magic, I still remember the movie well up till today. It is an awesome watch!

THREE: THE LAND BEFORE TIME



The only dinos
aur show I watched. Up till today, I still havent watched any of the Jurassic Park movies ... This movie is really touching, a movie with great values for us all to learn from. Tell me, who hasn't heard of "If We Hold On Together?"



FOUR: THE SEED OF CHUCKY



Ahh this movie! At first I was fooled into thinking it was a movie for kids as there was a male doll and a female doll, and you know how dolls are associated with kids. How wrong I was, the movie was absolutely gory and gruesome. Ladies and gentlemen, presenting to you my first horror movie.

FIVE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET



Following that first horror movie, I started exploring more horror movies cause I liked the thrill from watching one. This horror flick is possibly one of the better ones, with the plot about people dying from living their worst nightmares. I like how the plot was really well srcripted with really original ideas, unlike today's horror movies which are bland and boring. We all need a blast to the past!

One, two, buckle my shoe
Don't sleep, don't sleep, Freddy's coming

SIX: THE SOUND OF MUSIC



This has got to make it into the list for all the children lovers. No, not referring to the paedophiles, but for all of us who really love children as young innocent cute ones, cause they were really adorable in this movie. Back in primary school, my music teacher especially would keep playing this movie to us all just for us to understand the origins behind that "Do Re Mi" song ... Remember that scene when the nanny sings to her children with a guitar on the hill to make them remember the music notes? Classic.



SEVEN: HOME ALONE



This has got to be the talk of the town back when I was a kid. In fact, this movie was so popular there were three other movies following the first successful one. I really enjoyed this movie just being stunned at the intelligence of the main actor in using creative methods to ward off the burglars from his home. Kids, learn from this.

EIGHT: THE PARENT TRAP



And my final show, the parent trap. Ahh bet you guys forgot about this show did you? A really enjoyable show about a pair of twins out to trick their parents into sending them to boarding school. Lindsay Lohan was sooo cute in this movie, and I used to remember being rather confident that she would grow up to be pretty elegant lady based on the image she portrayed on the Parent Trap. Well guys, sometimes things can happen along the way. Read between the lines, heh ... Either way, this movie is still a great one!

And the lucky five I would looove to tag are:

Tyqa, Vivian, Angela, Inessa, Shahidah

Doing this was actually amusing, fun and therapeutic. Guys, try it! :)

1 comment:

The Unspoken One said...

Number Seven: Home Alone

I still remember the first time I watched it (years ago...). Great fun for the entire family...