Sunday, February 22, 2009

THE VIRTUAL CONNECTION



Ahaha well to my dear friends and students out there who are wondering about my life as a teacher, yes I do chat with my students and the above is a concrete proof of me doing so =) One more thing, I do play games with my students too, especially English related games like Anagrammatic right Joey? =P

This entire weekend, I've been busy coaching students. First and foremost, my secondary two students asked me out to teach them summary writing skills and newspaper article reviews. Spent a total of 2 hours with them, plus nice me decided to treat them to drinks and we spent quite some time talking about life and studies in general, though we did deviate sometimes to topics like Disney and music.. =P

Next up was an online coaching project with a few of my 3B students, and so far I have been enjoying coaching them cause they are so determined to learn! Take one of my students Joey for example, this weekend he spent both Saturday and Sunday online with me as I coached him for English and Social Studies. He's a great boy to coach, he has got a matured mindset, he's fun loving and most importantly, he knows what he wants out of life and I am sure he's goinna succeed in life eventually.. He also has this passion for english writing and that's something we both share in common!

No no, I don't encourage my students to stay too much online and waste their time by doing this. In fact, believe it or not, I do teach my students online via MSN. HAHA!

So far, I've taught my students English, Social Studies and Maths via MSN and all have turned out fine! Now all that remains to be seen is whether they have actually benefitted from all these teachings I've conducted over the course of 7 weeks.

I just realized something... Look at Joey's nickname..

Who says teachers cannot be fun and educating at the same time?


I agree with that! Teachers CAN be fun and educative at the same time.. Mr Goh, my secondary 2 literature teacher would be a really good example. It was he who reenforced my love towards English and Literature and up till today, I remember him as a passionate teacher who really made me love these 2 subjects. I remember the day he told us that he was going to leave teaching for another career, which resulted in me really being unable to compose myself as tears began to well up in my eyes. Well, I'm a guy, but don't mistake me for a crybaby. It just goes to show how much he managed to impact my life...

The kind of teacher I'm aiming to become alright...

And before I leave, the common tests start tomorrow so dear students of mine, All the best and go all out alright? I know you guys can do it and i BELIEVE you guys will succeed given the hard work all of you have put in =D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah, thanks Mr Zul! Ha Ha. Hope to see you on MSN again, ha ha ha. : )