Friday, July 10, 2009

ASIAN YOUTH GAMES 2009

And another memory was created. Asian Youth Games 2009 was awesome, and though I didnt manage to help out in the closing ceremony, well I was part of the opening ceremony! It didn't feel like work though, with the presence of those I love around me making the entire process enjoyable. Interacting with the foreigners as I ushered them to their seats and back was also a really cool experience as I managed to learn more about their varying cultures which impressed me alot. Of course there was this huge language barrier stopping us from communicating further, yet we countered this by using hand signs as well as basic english. When the heart wants to do something, it will find a way about the obstacles hindering it :)

Some pictures from the event itself:



Nasrul and Michal! I'm really proud of my two flag bearers representing NCDCC :)



Trevor! I kinda like this shot, it shows two people looking towards their futures with full of anticipation.



Syahir and Prakash!



My dearest senior male HO's! It rocks having them around.





Sakinah the female HO! Her jokes lighten up the day, and without her around I dare say that work would not have been as exciting and fun as it was that day :)





And the 2 pictures I took with my Asian new found friends. I'm missing them already!

Newfound friends made, and the bond remains there forever to come

No comments: