Thursday, November 20, 2008

A tribute to my 2 years in NYJC

And so it all ends.

Two years worth of books, notes, studying, sleepless nights, everything, gone by just like that. Yes, I'm now an ex-JC student. Makes me feel so old, but well, this is a reminder of how fast paced life tends to be. Two years it has been, but it seriously didnt feel like two years at all.

I remember the first time I tried to find my way to this school, I took a bus and got lost at Serangoon Central, making a grand entrace for the Orientation at 8 am when the rest were supposed to be there at 730 am.

I remember my first day in this school, having no friends, wandering around aimlessly as I searched high and low for my future classmates, schoolmates, friends. I did have an OG back then, but I felt as if I just could not click with anyone from that school. I missed my old school, I regretted my decision.

I remember sitting alone for lunch, just miraculously hoping a few familiar faces would surface so I wouldnt be feel so lonely.

I remember the first day I met my class, I felt so elated to see a couple of familar faces. I loved my class almost immediately with the strong bonds we forged simply on Day one, and I remember the big birthday song the entire hall sang for me as that day fell on my birthday. It was love at first sight for 0706 :)

I remember seeing some people in school as people I would never get to know no matter how much I tried, but as I look back now, weirdly, its these people whom are closest to me right now.

I remember telling myself never to enter council in JC, for I tried my best to psycho myself into thinking I would not be JC council material, but look where I am now :)

I remember feeling left out and regretting my decision when I made it through as a councillor, and I thought I'd never ever get to know them well enough, but they are now part of those closest to me :)

I remember the devillish regime of Project Work we all had to endure, rushing through deadlines, non-stop typing on the computers, the neverending visit to the computer labs and libraries, the many meetings we had, all these for the good grade we deserve

I remember the truckloads of knowledge all of us had to miraculously store into our brain cells, topped up with the complimentary tutorials and projects we all had to do as students.

I remember surviving many hours of otherwise boring lectures, if not for my classmates and the sweets they passed around

I remember the many hours spent on books, trying to digest all the information given. So much midnight oil burnt just to make sure I understand what was going on, and if carbon content really were to be given out from the full combustion of this oil, the world would have long been on the brink of grave danger.

I remember all the setbacks I encountered during my entire two years in this school, in terms of academics, my social self, everything, but I now look upon them as sharp stepping stones which I have taken on the way to my future. They have hurt me, but they turned me into a better person.

I remember all the lovely moments I encountered during my entire two years in this school too. There have been moments where I produced good results in my Science subjects which is totally not my forte, where I topped the class in my only strength which is GP, where I spent with my friends whom have helped me alot through this process.

I remember all the events I have planned and been through during my two years here.

I remember the people who have helped me out during this process, 0706, the Student Council (29th, 30th, 31st) , the teachers, staff of the school, the many friends I made and more...

I remember... memories

No comments: